new photo blog

i started this blog in 2006, and it's shifted along with my interests through the years. it's been witness to a lot of learning for me...

still, i feel that i need a home for my photography -- so from now on, i'll be posting my pictures on the journal on my reworked website. if you like my photos, you might decide to follow me there!

my first post is here -- check it out!

as for this blog, i'm not sure what will happen. i don't think i'm willing to let it go, and certainly i'll keep it as an archive, but i need some time to figure it out.

for those of you that pop in from time to time, thanks for the visits and encouragement.

Tuesday, December 25, 2012

the rock

the rock
view on black

... athenians' nickname for the acropolis.

i was lucky to spend christmas eve's dawn shooting with my photographer-hero, anthony ayiomamitis. we wanted clear skies, but fast-moving clouds foiled our plans.

not to worry -- i had my ND filters handy, so i made the best of it, and took a long exposure of the view.

after the chill of standing on a windy terrace in the early morning, it took me hours to warm up again. brrrrrrrrrrr....

i hope your holiday is cozy and bright, near your families and loved ones.

©2012 helen sotiriadis

1 comment:

  1. LouisDoench25/12/12 16:12

    I love it! So jealous.