new photo blog

i started this blog in 2006, and it's shifted along with my interests through the years. it's been witness to a lot of learning for me...

still, i feel that i need a home for my photography -- so from now on, i'll be posting my pictures on the journal on my reworked website. if you like my photos, you might decide to follow me there!

my first post is here -- check it out!

as for this blog, i'm not sure what will happen. i don't think i'm willing to let it go, and certainly i'll keep it as an archive, but i need some time to figure it out.

for those of you that pop in from time to time, thanks for the visits and encouragement.


Saturday, September 22, 2012

why curiosity matters

at NASA, an interview with adam steltzner

snip

'why do we explore? it’s our nature,' he says. 'human curiosity is why you and i can talk across the country by phone. it's why i'm sitting 60 feet above the ground in a building made of alloys and other high-tech composite materials. we dominate this planet because we wonder what's around the next corner.'

'it's not 2 ½ billion dollars we stuffed in a trunk and blew into space. it’s thousands of high tech jobs spread over 37 states. it's honing and developing our skills in science, engineering, and math.'

/snip

video link

No comments:

Post a Comment