new photo blog

i started this blog in 2006, and it's shifted along with my interests through the years. it's been witness to a lot of learning for me...

still, i feel that i need a home for my photography -- so from now on, i'll be posting my pictures on the journal on my reworked website. if you like my photos, you might decide to follow me there!

my first post is here -- check it out!

as for this blog, i'm not sure what will happen. i don't think i'm willing to let it go, and certainly i'll keep it as an archive, but i need some time to figure it out.

for those of you that pop in from time to time, thanks for the visits and encouragement.

Thursday, May 17, 2012

lay down and dream of love and glory

lay down and dream of love and glory
like it? click it!
view in the dark

a failed business in the back streets of athens, greece.

©2012 helen sotiriadis


  1. Saul Molloy17/5/12 13:50

    You know, I think that you could do a great job documenting what's happening, I can see it's been creeping into your work for a while, and I know it's pretty depressing, but I do think it's important that people know a bit more than they are told on the news. Good luck to you. Saul

  2. Saul Molloy 
    yeah, i probably could.
    but i don't feel i have the emotional stamina to go out and actively seek to do so.

    we'll see. 

  3. I follow what is happening over there with dismay and a feeling it could get a whole lot worse. This image is so poignant on a range of levels. It speaks of hopes invested and hopes lost ... of abundance and now absence ... in short: it speaks.

  4. I'm a sucker for urban documentary.  Well done.