new photo blog

i started this blog in 2006, and it's shifted along with my interests through the years. it's been witness to a lot of learning for me...

still, i feel that i need a home for my photography -- so from now on, i'll be posting my pictures on the journal on my reworked website. if you like my photos, you might decide to follow me there!

my first post is here -- check it out!

as for this blog, i'm not sure what will happen. i don't think i'm willing to let it go, and certainly i'll keep it as an archive, but i need some time to figure it out.

for those of you that pop in from time to time, thanks for the visits and encouragement.


Thursday, April 26, 2012

die trying

die trying
like it? click it!
view in the dark

life has become very hard for me and for people i know here. the slightest predisposition to depression becomes exaggerated and folks who would otherwise be industrious and creative start losing their drive.

i've been better off than most -- not because my finances haven't been destroyed (they have) -- but because i've had my interest in photography to entertain me on days that otherwise feel bleak.

... but it's not easy for me to keep even that up, and although i crave shooting daily, sometimes -- actually, most times, it seems -- i can't bring myself to go outside to shoot even flowers.

when i share links to pages that describe aspects of the financial crisis, people who comment express their sadness at what's happening there.

except for me, it's here.

©2011 helen sotiriadis

2 comments:

  1. You are in my thoughts, Helen. Your photos always speak to me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Perhaps a little to less extent I understand you quite well (we are also living in depression here - not so much as greece but also very hard). 
    Thanks for continuing to share your overwhelming Talent in photography and the stories they tell us! This photo is, like so many others you create, amazing!Hang in there... and like someone once said: "If you're going through hell... keep going!"
    φιλί 

    Pedro

    ReplyDelete