new photo blog

i started this blog in 2006, and it's shifted along with my interests through the years. it's been witness to a lot of learning for me...

still, i feel that i need a home for my photography -- so from now on, i'll be posting my pictures on the journal on my reworked website. if you like my photos, you might decide to follow me there!

my first post is here -- check it out!

as for this blog, i'm not sure what will happen. i don't think i'm willing to let it go, and certainly i'll keep it as an archive, but i need some time to figure it out.

for those of you that pop in from time to time, thanks for the visits and encouragement.

Friday, November 11, 2011

the pathology of white privilege

a talk by tim wise.

i just finished listening to this after finding it on pharyngula.

i disagree on some points, but not many... and don't be fooled by the specific title or examples -- similar issues of oppression and privilege are global and are expressed in every society to date.  if you have an hour, listen in and then think about how it parallels the situation in your own country.

No comments:

Post a Comment