new photo blog

i started this blog in 2006, and it's shifted along with my interests through the years. it's been witness to a lot of learning for me...

still, i feel that i need a home for my photography -- so from now on, i'll be posting my pictures on the journal on my reworked website. if you like my photos, you might decide to follow me there!

my first post is here -- check it out!

as for this blog, i'm not sure what will happen. i don't think i'm willing to let it go, and certainly i'll keep it as an archive, but i need some time to figure it out.

for those of you that pop in from time to time, thanks for the visits and encouragement.

Sunday, September 11, 2011

lee cronin: making matter come alive

lots of far-fetched things i think about, maybe aren't so far-fetched after all.


  1. Jim Marsh11/9/11 12:29

    The strange thing is of course, that there were no bio-chemists 5 billion years ago. It is only now after all that time that man/woman kind is becoming able to conduct such experiments with the hope of 'creating' life.
    All that evolution to get to a point of duplicating an 'accident'. 
    Yes, I believe in Creation. I also believe in evolution. This was the purpose of creation. Mr.Cronin apparently believes in these two things as well. He must of course otherwise he wouldn't be attempting to 'create' life.

  2. it seems to me that cronin thinks that life is a natural property of the universe and not an accident at all.  if he can show that this is so, it'll be yet another nail on the already thick coffin of creationist thought.

    time and time again, permutations of laplace's 'i had no need of that hypothesis' pierce through stubborn beliefs.