new photo blog

i started this blog in 2006, and it's shifted along with my interests through the years. it's been witness to a lot of learning for me...

still, i feel that i need a home for my photography -- so from now on, i'll be posting my pictures on the journal on my reworked website. if you like my photos, you might decide to follow me there!

my first post is here -- check it out!

as for this blog, i'm not sure what will happen. i don't think i'm willing to let it go, and certainly i'll keep it as an archive, but i need some time to figure it out.

for those of you that pop in from time to time, thanks for the visits and encouragement.

Friday, August 19, 2011

jeremy goldkorn: internet censorship in china and in the west

jeremy goldkorn, editor-in-chief of danwei - interview with australia network

'it's only a matter of months since world leaders were praising the power of the internet as a weapon for change.

social media lubricated the waves of protest which stormed over the middle east and north africa earlier this year.

but now, british prime minister david cameron has changed his tune after rioters in the uk used the internet to co-ordinate their protests, saying and he wants social media reined in.

censorship of the internet is, of course, old hat to the chinese authorities who have been at it for years.

jeremy goldkorn is the founder and editor-in-chief of danwei, an internet and media website in china.'


  1. 18 views on YouTube?  How do you find these things?  Also, I think I need to change my news sources; I completely overlooked this barefaced hypocrisy.

  2. i met jeremy when i was in beijing, and his work is on my radar.  

  3. Censoring the internet will stop self exploration on things that are not taught in schools.