new photo blog

i started this blog in 2006, and it's shifted along with my interests through the years. it's been witness to a lot of learning for me...

still, i feel that i need a home for my photography -- so from now on, i'll be posting my pictures on the journal on my reworked website. if you like my photos, you might decide to follow me there!

my first post is here -- check it out!

as for this blog, i'm not sure what will happen. i don't think i'm willing to let it go, and certainly i'll keep it as an archive, but i need some time to figure it out.

for those of you that pop in from time to time, thanks for the visits and encouragement.

Wednesday, July 13, 2011

rise of the planet of the apes international trailer

when i saw the original planet of the apes in the late 60s i was a kid, and its impact lingers... but the sequels were decreasingly excellent*

this trailer looks promising, although i doubt they'll be able to pull off emotion of the kind evoked by the final plot twist of the original movie.

*phrase credit: douglas adams


  1. Chad MacDonald13/7/11 20:41

    Decreasingly excellent is definitely a good way to describe the sequels in the original series.  I've always felt that they never stood up to the quality of the first movie, but they are required to fully appreciate the original.  But it looks like this new reboot may not replicate the circular plot idea of the first series, which was one of my favourite aspects.

  2. Yes, it made me forgive Charleton Heston for The Ten Commandments. And, then he became head of the NRA and I had to unforgive him.
    Looks like and amusing new movie.

  3. [although i doubt they'll be able to pull off emotion]   +1000 on that !