new photo blog

i started this blog in 2006, and it's shifted along with my interests through the years. it's been witness to a lot of learning for me...

still, i feel that i need a home for my photography -- so from now on, i'll be posting my pictures on the journal on my reworked website. if you like my photos, you might decide to follow me there!

my first post is here -- check it out!

as for this blog, i'm not sure what will happen. i don't think i'm willing to let it go, and certainly i'll keep it as an archive, but i need some time to figure it out.

for those of you that pop in from time to time, thanks for the visits and encouragement.

Saturday, July 16, 2011

dave turley: do you believe in god

have you noticed that i haven't posted an image in a few days?

i joined google+ a few days ago (and i'm loving it). somehow i've connected with lots of photographers, and i've been browsing through their work, commenting back and forth and hanging out in... the hangouts!

viewing others' work -- and if you have the opportunity, talking to them -- is an important part of learning how to do what you want to do, so this is very valuable to me, especially at a time when i want to find new directions.

here's one by dave turley, used with permission (thanks, dave!):

click image through to his website


  1. Dave Turley17/7/11 12:02

    Thanks for adding my photograph to your blog. Having looked through your galleries it's a bit of an honour that you considered it had some merit.

  2. "especially at a time when i want to find new directions"

    Helen, wherever your new directions take you, I sincerely hope you continue toomanytribbles.  I will miss it if it ends.

    Bruce in Austin, soon to be San Antonio (unfortunately)

  3. i hope you'll feel better about san antonio when you get there.  good luck with the move.