new photo blog

i started this blog in 2006, and it's shifted along with my interests through the years. it's been witness to a lot of learning for me...

still, i feel that i need a home for my photography -- so from now on, i'll be posting my pictures on the journal on my reworked website. if you like my photos, you might decide to follow me there!

my first post is here -- check it out!

as for this blog, i'm not sure what will happen. i don't think i'm willing to let it go, and certainly i'll keep it as an archive, but i need some time to figure it out.

for those of you that pop in from time to time, thanks for the visits and encouragement.


Wednesday, June 01, 2011

on this day, god wants you to know...

i saw this post on facebook, on the wall that belongs to a friend i'm highly fond of -- but sometimes, i wonder if we inhabit the same universe:

'on this day, god wants you to know ... that god is crazy about you. god sends you fresh flowers every spring, a breathtaking sunrise every morning. if god had a wallet, your picture would be in it. if god has a refrigerator, your childhood scribbles would be on it.'

and my mind immediately flashed to this.


(kevin carter was a pulitzer prize winning south african jouranlist who had seen so much, he eventually committed suicide.)

these conflicting thoughts tear me apart -- how do you deal with nonsense coming from people you really like?

4 comments:

  1. :\ I have been thinking about this. I don't know which is the best solution. I used to call everyone out on their bullshit but nowadays I'm too tired. I just nod disapprovingly. I am just lucky I don't have extreme examples like that one near me. Good luck with that one...

    ReplyDelete
  2. susibocks1/6/11 17:44

    you need to immediately refer them to this video....

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_dyPiIcLK90

    ReplyDelete
  3. toomanytribbles -1/6/11 18:14

    yes -- she did a great job on that video.  i remember she was angry because of something bad that had happened to someone she knew and she had had enough.

    ReplyDelete
  4. how do you deal with nonsense coming from people you really like?

    I try to educate them; not always a popular approach though ;-)

    ReplyDelete