new photo blog

i started this blog in 2006, and it's shifted along with my interests through the years. it's been witness to a lot of learning for me...

still, i feel that i need a home for my photography -- so from now on, i'll be posting my pictures on the journal on my reworked website. if you like my photos, you might decide to follow me there!

my first post is here -- check it out!

as for this blog, i'm not sure what will happen. i don't think i'm willing to let it go, and certainly i'll keep it as an archive, but i need some time to figure it out.

for those of you that pop in from time to time, thanks for the visits and encouragement.


Tuesday, April 05, 2011

lawrence krauss on his debate with william lane craig

on a guest post on pharyngula

'it sometimes surprises me, although it shouldn't, how religious devotees feel the need to regularly reinforce their own convictions in groups of like-minded individuals. i suppose this is the purpose of regular sunday church services, for example, to reinforce the community of belief in between the rest of the week when the real world may show no evidence of god, goodness, fairness, or purpose.

nevertheless i was not prepared for the self-congratulatory hype that i have seen spouted on the web, and have received in emails, including a typically disingenuous email from wiliam lane craig to his followers regarding a debate i had with him in north carolina last week. while carrying out the debate in the first place was something that broke my normal rules--as i said during the debate, i far prefer civil conversation and discourse as a way of illuminating knowledge and reality--i will break another rule and write this blog-like note on my own perspectives, in the hope that it may circulate and counter some of the nonsense that has propagated in the fundamentalist and religious blogs of late. perhaps craig will post this on his blog and send it out as well.'


read on...


i wish people would quit debating these crackpots.

you can watch the debate here.

No comments:

Post a Comment