new photo blog

i started this blog in 2006, and it's shifted along with my interests through the years. it's been witness to a lot of learning for me...

still, i feel that i need a home for my photography -- so from now on, i'll be posting my pictures on the journal on my reworked website. if you like my photos, you might decide to follow me there!

my first post is here -- check it out!

as for this blog, i'm not sure what will happen. i don't think i'm willing to let it go, and certainly i'll keep it as an archive, but i need some time to figure it out.

for those of you that pop in from time to time, thanks for the visits and encouragement.

Monday, November 01, 2010

heart of gold

heart of gold
like it? click it!

while in paris, we stayed at a little apartment that belongs to my friend, flora -- she was out of town, so she sweetly offered to let us stay. the apartment was just below montmartre, towards le moulin rouge... a wonderful area with all kinds of little daily shops -- flowers, bakeries, greengrocers, etc. -- and not very touristy.

the first morning there, we decided to get up very early and climb up towards sacré-cœur, to get an overview of the city at first light. i thought i'd wait till the sun lay its golden rays on the church for a nice HDR. after taking the usual symmetrical shots one sees anywhere, i felt that the dark, textured cobblestone was important to the feel of the place, and tried to get a shot to include both church and street.

mr.G's feedback was crucial to this shot, and he expects to receive 20% of its value. i disagreed, but only because i secretly think he should get much more.

this is geotagged on flickr's map.

more paris

©2010 helen sotiriadis

No comments:

Post a Comment