new photo blog

i started this blog in 2006, and it's shifted along with my interests through the years. it's been witness to a lot of learning for me...

still, i feel that i need a home for my photography -- so from now on, i'll be posting my pictures on the journal on my reworked website. if you like my photos, you might decide to follow me there!

my first post is here -- check it out!

as for this blog, i'm not sure what will happen. i don't think i'm willing to let it go, and certainly i'll keep it as an archive, but i need some time to figure it out.

for those of you that pop in from time to time, thanks for the visits and encouragement.

Tuesday, November 23, 2010

the guardian: is religion a force for good in the world?

'in anticipation of the coming debate between christopher hitchens and tony blair on the value of religion, we gathered a selection of thinkers on the subject to discuss the topic.

ac grayling, evan harris, jon cruddas, cristina odone and samia rahman debate the virtues of religion.'

the christians? ... facepalm....
i listened to this for ac grayling.


  1. I think religion can be either a good thing or a bad thing. it's very personal and it can motivate people to search out the good in the world. I know for me, my beliefs are sometimes the only thing that holds me together on a bad day - not blasting someone for doing something careless or thoughtless. I really like the website

    Very enchanting

  2. i think that beliefs inform actions -- and it is generally better to act on reality-based beliefs than made-up ones.

    as for holding it together, i think you can give yourself more credit than attributing your strength to fantasy.