new photo blog

i started this blog in 2006, and it's shifted along with my interests through the years. it's been witness to a lot of learning for me...

still, i feel that i need a home for my photography -- so from now on, i'll be posting my pictures on the journal on my reworked website. if you like my photos, you might decide to follow me there!

my first post is here -- check it out!

as for this blog, i'm not sure what will happen. i don't think i'm willing to let it go, and certainly i'll keep it as an archive, but i need some time to figure it out.

for those of you that pop in from time to time, thanks for the visits and encouragement.

Friday, August 06, 2010

christopher hitchens on anderson cooper 360 on CNN

EDIT: watch the extended edition here.

here's a snip:

AC: in a moment of doubt, isn't there... i don't know... i just find it fascinating that... even when you're alone, and you know that no one else is watching that there might be a moment where you, you know, want to hedge your bets...

CH: if that comes, it'll be when i'm very ill, when i'm half-demented, either by drugs or by pain and i won't have control over what i say. i mention this in case you eve hear a rumor later on, because these things happen and the faithful love to spread these rumors. you know, 'on his death bed, he finally...' well, i can't say that the entity that, by then, wouldn't be me, wouldn't do such a pathetic thing, but i can tell you that, not while i'm lucid, no. i could be quite sure of that.

AC: so if there is some story that, on your death bed...

CH: don't believe it. don't credit it, no.

on AC360°

No comments:

Post a Comment