new photo blog

i started this blog in 2006, and it's shifted along with my interests through the years. it's been witness to a lot of learning for me...

still, i feel that i need a home for my photography -- so from now on, i'll be posting my pictures on the journal on my reworked website. if you like my photos, you might decide to follow me there!

my first post is here -- check it out!

as for this blog, i'm not sure what will happen. i don't think i'm willing to let it go, and certainly i'll keep it as an archive, but i need some time to figure it out.

for those of you that pop in from time to time, thanks for the visits and encouragement.

Friday, June 04, 2010

my co-irresponsibility

i'm rarely out and about without some petty cash... but this week was extremely busy and i didn't have the chance to get to an ATM.

so here i was, stuck with a few euro only and i was running low on gas.

i pulled up into a station, and asked if they accepted credit cards.
- no, sorry.
- no problem, thanks.

i kept an eye out for ATMs on my way -- one where i could safely stop without obstructing traffic, that is -- but none in sight. this went on for four more stations, a couple of times passing by BP as i didn't want to give them a cent. not that the others are better, but this is my knee-jerk emotional response.

in the meantime, i was running dangerously low and close to inexcusably late for work. so i thought -- next station that accepts a card, i'm in.

unfortunately, it was a BP. i filled up the tank, and gave them 57 hard-earned €.

the big picture at

©2010 toomanytribbles


  1. Yeah... felling the same, they are all the same. See, our problem is that we are still depending on that shit, so we are all responsible for what`s happening out there!

  2. I had a similar problem just last week. Put $2 in at the BP and used the extra sip of gas to make it to the station of my choice. I think I'd almost prefer running out of gas and walking the interstate with my 2-gallon jug. Almost...

  3. This whole BP thing has been making me beat the drums of anti-consumerism and energy conservation even harder.