new photo blog

i started this blog in 2006, and it's shifted along with my interests through the years. it's been witness to a lot of learning for me...

still, i feel that i need a home for my photography -- so from now on, i'll be posting my pictures on the journal on my reworked website. if you like my photos, you might decide to follow me there!

my first post is here -- check it out!

as for this blog, i'm not sure what will happen. i don't think i'm willing to let it go, and certainly i'll keep it as an archive, but i need some time to figure it out.

for those of you that pop in from time to time, thanks for the visits and encouragement.

Sunday, June 27, 2010

moonrise at sounion - june 26, 2010

the full moon has come to mean that, work permitting, i'll be out chasing a moon shot. yesterday, i met up with mr.G, anthony ayiomamitis and chris kotsiopoulos at [surprise, surprise] sounion. anthony's calculations were exact!

my image with a canon EF 70-200mm f/2.8 L IS USM lens and a canon EF 2x II extender:

like it? click!
i don't have video capabilities on my 40D, but i did make a video sequence of a series of stills, in an attempt to convey the feeling at the first moments of moonrise:

music: porcelain, a band i saw, live, in beijing. view video on flickr.

mr.G's shot, with a bresser refractor telescope:

full moon rise @ cape sounion

anthony's with a takahashi FSQ 106/f5 refractor telescope:


©2010 toomanytribbles


    it must have been breathing to see.

  2. Anonymous28/6/10 01:01

    If I had the money, i'd ship you this T1i to use for a month so you could try it. And its video capabilities.

  3. Ναι, σκάω από τη ζήλια μου.
    Είναι καταπληκτικές!