new photo blog

i started this blog in 2006, and it's shifted along with my interests through the years. it's been witness to a lot of learning for me...

still, i feel that i need a home for my photography -- so from now on, i'll be posting my pictures on the journal on my reworked website. if you like my photos, you might decide to follow me there!

my first post is here -- check it out!

as for this blog, i'm not sure what will happen. i don't think i'm willing to let it go, and certainly i'll keep it as an archive, but i need some time to figure it out.

for those of you that pop in from time to time, thanks for the visits and encouragement.

Friday, May 21, 2010

a picture i didn't take iii

i often teach evening classes and leave the office after 10pm, and even when i'm not teaching, i rarely leave before sundown.

tuesday, i was fortunate in that i was able to leave fairly early, and more so, because i hadn't driven to work, so i grabbed a taxi to head back home. since i wasn't steering, i had the luxury of sitting back and watching athens whiz by.

the sky was a very deep blue, scattered with small, puffy clouds. the clouds were half-and-half -- very bright white on one side, and dark, stormy gray on the other. the slowly setting sun added a glistening gold to the palette.

kifissias avenue, the main artery leading from the center of the city to its northern suburbs, is flanked by personality-less buildings with gridded, mirrored-glass curtain walls that normally say, don't mind me -- i'm not really here. but on tuesday, the light was just right and they reflected the stunning sky, decorating it with their temporarily blazing, rectangular, metal meshes.

i don't think i've ever seen kifissias look so beautiful.

no pictures.

inspired by unphotographable, thanks to teacher dude.


  1. So incredible, sounds like a great experience. You always share so much with us. I have not been on this blog thing for awhile so I am so behind on my mates work. I dumped Facebook because it was just too much work and I am mostly on Flickr (easier to manage I think.) I DO love your blog though...I am heading out tomorrow morning with a flickr mate to find fungi! HUGS! m-

  2. you are 870 words short. (1 picture=1000 words)

  3. you are 870 words short. (1 picture=1000 words)