new photo blog

i started this blog in 2006, and it's shifted along with my interests through the years. it's been witness to a lot of learning for me...

still, i feel that i need a home for my photography -- so from now on, i'll be posting my pictures on the journal on my reworked website. if you like my photos, you might decide to follow me there!

my first post is here -- check it out!

as for this blog, i'm not sure what will happen. i don't think i'm willing to let it go, and certainly i'll keep it as an archive, but i need some time to figure it out.

for those of you that pop in from time to time, thanks for the visits and encouragement.

Friday, May 28, 2010

marathon moonrise

marathon moonrise
like it? click it!
i was looking forward to shooting the full moon again last night and was all set up at schinias, the beach at marathon (yes, it's a place in greece -- the race's namesake) about an hour before moonrise. mr.G decided to have his first swim this year and i looked around, watching some people water skiing against the hazy evening horizon.

as the big moment approached, hordes of mosquitoes descended and started nibbling on me. with all the fuss, i actually missed the moon's appearance over the hills across the water.

when i realized it was rising, i hastily took a few quick shots and ran for my life.

oh well, at least i like the composition.

moments -- and zillions of mosquitoes -- later:

marathon moonrise

if you want to visit this location, it's on the flickr map -- and bring insect repellent, heavy-duty.

©2010 toomanytribbles

No comments:

Post a Comment