new photo blog

i started this blog in 2006, and it's shifted along with my interests through the years. it's been witness to a lot of learning for me...

still, i feel that i need a home for my photography -- so from now on, i'll be posting my pictures on the journal on my reworked website. if you like my photos, you might decide to follow me there!

my first post is here -- check it out!

as for this blog, i'm not sure what will happen. i don't think i'm willing to let it go, and certainly i'll keep it as an archive, but i need some time to figure it out.

for those of you that pop in from time to time, thanks for the visits and encouragement.

Tuesday, December 29, 2009

what's the right thing to do?

from harvard university:

i've heard these scenarios before... i'm eager to hear the thoughts further on.

i'm sorry.... i saw this somewhere on my rss feed today but can't find the source now. if you know what it was, let me know.

1 comment:

  1. I think that trolly car stories are a waste of intellectual space.

    The institutions of morality and justice were invented to deal with day-to-day events; with the opportunites to lie and steal and murder that are with us constantly.

    It is well to be expected that we can find bizarre never-before-seen-in-real-life stories where these day to day rules do not easily fit.

    They were not meant to.

    If run-away trolly cars were an everyday experience, we would adopt a set of rules to handle them, and we would teach those rules to our children.

    I am not against people having intellectual fun from time to time playing what-if mind games. But this should not take the place of serious moral issues that actually affect day-to-day life.