new photo blog

i started this blog in 2006, and it's shifted along with my interests through the years. it's been witness to a lot of learning for me...

still, i feel that i need a home for my photography -- so from now on, i'll be posting my pictures on the journal on my reworked website. if you like my photos, you might decide to follow me there!

my first post is here -- check it out!

as for this blog, i'm not sure what will happen. i don't think i'm willing to let it go, and certainly i'll keep it as an archive, but i need some time to figure it out.

for those of you that pop in from time to time, thanks for the visits and encouragement.

Wednesday, December 02, 2009

to blog or not to blog

i've been toying with the idea of quitting my blog at year's end, when my year-long daily picture project is finished.

mainly it's served as a notebook for me, but one that's shared. i like to share, but lately i'm feeling that it's pretty pointless. there's too much information out there and i don't feel i'm contributing anything substantial to anyone else.


  1. Please don't stop posting your blog it is such an interesting read every day and a visual delight.

  2. I always enjoy your pictures! And I read your blog. :-)

  3. Spend your time the way you choose, but you're on my daily blog roll and your photographs and updates are ones I always look forward to.

    If you do stop, thanks for your efforts!

  4. Put me down as a vote for "Keep Blogging," please!

  5. You're on my Planet Atheism feed; I find your posts interesting (when there's content), but consider your photos an annoying waste of my bandwidth.

  6. @john morales

    good thing it's my blog, then, and i can add what i like.

  7. Aaahh, I'll also be disappointed if you stop - I'm sure THAT will carry a lot of weight. Thoroughly enjoy the photography and more often than not I've come across a video or two of interest for me. Leads to a point of discussion in class and/or in the faculty lunch room. Thanks.

  8. You are my one source for a huge range of topics. I would be extremely sad if this blog were to disappear. You pick out the best from such a diversity of other sources and this is greatly valued. I add my vote of 'please continue!'

  9. Hi, H,

    I think there must be something wrong going on, but i do understand. How I understand!

    Sometimes, I find myself thinking if anyone ever reads me, at all!!
    You don`t have that problem. You have the capacity to comunicate with others, and share your thoughts with them, meanwhile, I`m limited to a copy/paste exercise.

    Don`t stop (just upgrade!)

  10. I like your photos, I find them refreshing and creative. Your posts are appreciated here :)

  11. You have to do what you feel is right for you, but count me among those who will be disappointed if you stop.

  12. Hey dear,

    apart from the joy I find in what you write (as rare as it is), you inspired me into taking the only my photograph that I liked in the last 10 years (seriously). So.... keep writting as often as you want, or take a big break... but dont say "never", nor delete what you have written. No reason to be drastic.


  13. "i don't feel i'm contributing anything substantial to anyone else"

    You are to me Helen. Please don't stop - your posts inspire me in so many ways, I'd feel lost without your wonderful blog.