new photo blog

i started this blog in 2006, and it's shifted along with my interests through the years. it's been witness to a lot of learning for me...

still, i feel that i need a home for my photography -- so from now on, i'll be posting my pictures on the journal on my reworked website. if you like my photos, you might decide to follow me there!

my first post is here -- check it out!

as for this blog, i'm not sure what will happen. i don't think i'm willing to let it go, and certainly i'll keep it as an archive, but i need some time to figure it out.

for those of you that pop in from time to time, thanks for the visits and encouragement.

Thursday, November 12, 2009

in search of trees

i felt overwhelmed yesterday, as you can see from my post. so much so, that i panicked while at work and suddenly felt i had to leave. i headed towards home, but didn't want to lock myself up indoors so, a little before arriving, i started driving around.

kifissia is one of the prettiest parts of northern athens. southern athens has the sea... northern athens has trees. lots of them. in the autumn, i'm drawn to this place, so this is where i ended up.

athens is plagued by parked cars everywhere, but kassaveti street (on flickr's map) has posts built on either sidewalk, so there are fewer than normal. this is still an urban setting, but still... i'd taken an HDR of it in the winter and remember thinking i should come back in the fall.

in kifissia

so here are a few shots from yesterday:

like any of these? click'em then!



IMG_2052 SQ

the combination of trees and photography is therapeutic.

1 comment:

  1. Of course they are!
    Two months ago I had a panic attack. I was at work, in school, sorrounded by strangers, and i felt uncomfortable. Suddenly I felt dizzy, trembling, sweating.
    I had to leave the room, then I touched the tangerine trees and they calmed me.