new photo blog

i started this blog in 2006, and it's shifted along with my interests through the years. it's been witness to a lot of learning for me...

still, i feel that i need a home for my photography -- so from now on, i'll be posting my pictures on the journal on my reworked website. if you like my photos, you might decide to follow me there!

my first post is here -- check it out!

as for this blog, i'm not sure what will happen. i don't think i'm willing to let it go, and certainly i'll keep it as an archive, but i need some time to figure it out.

for those of you that pop in from time to time, thanks for the visits and encouragement.

Tuesday, November 10, 2009

can you tell me how to get...

this is one of the google logos this week for sesame street's 40th birthday:

my mother, a greek speaker, learned english from sesame street in the 1970s.
and you thought it was for children.

1 comment:

  1. I think that show probably touched people in every way imaginable. I remember being so upset with Gordon when he refused to believe Snuffleupagus existed because Snuffy would wander off before Big Bird could get anyone to come and see him.

    Wikepedia has a thing in there about why it was finally decided to let Snuffy be seen by everyone - it occurred to the show makers that having adults not believe a kid who's telling the truth might lead to a kid not telling a parent about sexual abuse or other major things out of fear the adult will brush it up as made up nonsense.