new photo blog

i started this blog in 2006, and it's shifted along with my interests through the years. it's been witness to a lot of learning for me...

still, i feel that i need a home for my photography -- so from now on, i'll be posting my pictures on the journal on my reworked website. if you like my photos, you might decide to follow me there!

my first post is here -- check it out!

as for this blog, i'm not sure what will happen. i don't think i'm willing to let it go, and certainly i'll keep it as an archive, but i need some time to figure it out.

for those of you that pop in from time to time, thanks for the visits and encouragement.

Friday, September 11, 2009

an apology for alan turing

'the prime minister has released a statement on the second world war code-breaker, alan turing, recognising the “appalling” way he was treated for being gay.

alan turing, a mathematician most famous for his work on breaking the german enigma codes, was convicted of ‘gross indecency’ in 1952 and sentenced to chemical castration.

gordon brown’s statement came in response to a petition posted on the number 10 website which has received thousands of signatures in recent months.'

read the statement

No comments:

Post a Comment