new photo blog

i started this blog in 2006, and it's shifted along with my interests through the years. it's been witness to a lot of learning for me...

still, i feel that i need a home for my photography -- so from now on, i'll be posting my pictures on the journal on my reworked website. if you like my photos, you might decide to follow me there!

my first post is here -- check it out!

as for this blog, i'm not sure what will happen. i don't think i'm willing to let it go, and certainly i'll keep it as an archive, but i need some time to figure it out.

for those of you that pop in from time to time, thanks for the visits and encouragement.

Friday, August 07, 2009

seedy apple

seedy apple
like it? click it!
having taken too many stationery shots lately, i escaped yesterday afternoon from my office to walk around the neighborhood a bit. as it's in the center of the city, you see mostly concrete, cars and signs, but there are little scattered surprises.

i used a texture again! this one is max f. william's the dead marshes from his layered textures set.


  1. kalimera,
    coming from Germany and there from a small village, you may imagen the 'hard time' this city provides...went for a walk with my 23months old son through the neighbourhood and saw some figs. seems as if we saw nearly the same image.
    please have a nice weekend.

  2. yes... i grew up in the u.s. when i first glimpsed athens, i recoiled from this concrete jungle and i've never recovered.

    i'm going to be away for the weekend, so it should be good! hope the same for you.