new photo blog

i started this blog in 2006, and it's shifted along with my interests through the years. it's been witness to a lot of learning for me...

still, i feel that i need a home for my photography -- so from now on, i'll be posting my pictures on the journal on my reworked website. if you like my photos, you might decide to follow me there!

my first post is here -- check it out!

as for this blog, i'm not sure what will happen. i don't think i'm willing to let it go, and certainly i'll keep it as an archive, but i need some time to figure it out.

for those of you that pop in from time to time, thanks for the visits and encouragement.

Thursday, July 23, 2009

a portrait of aggeliki

a portrait of aggeliki:  204/365
like it? click it!
there's a new girl in the office... new enough to still be willing to humor me.

aggeliki's eyes


  1. I still remember your words from your last portrait. I'm glad you've done another.

    I've heard its common to do enhancements for the iris/pupil only. Did you do the same? Colour and reflection?

    I can't believe after 83 comments no one has mentioned the freckles! Imho, they do a lot.

  2. thanks for remembering.

    aggeliki's eyes are more beautiful than any image, enhanced or not, can ever show.

    i shoot RAW and always try to bring out the information that conveys what my mind saw.

    this is what any photographer worth his shutter will do.

  3. Wow ! great eyes !