new photo blog

i started this blog in 2006, and it's shifted along with my interests through the years. it's been witness to a lot of learning for me...

still, i feel that i need a home for my photography -- so from now on, i'll be posting my pictures on the journal on my reworked website. if you like my photos, you might decide to follow me there!

my first post is here -- check it out!

as for this blog, i'm not sure what will happen. i don't think i'm willing to let it go, and certainly i'll keep it as an archive, but i need some time to figure it out.

for those of you that pop in from time to time, thanks for the visits and encouragement.

Friday, June 26, 2009

rush rush

i've been wanting to try some car trails in a swervy tunnel near my home for a long time now -- last night i finally got the nerve to try it. it seemed scary at first, but really, it's not so bad -- and it does have a thin sidewalk.

rush rush
like it? click it!
there isn't enough traffic going through to get enough trails during a short interval without exposing too much of the tunnel, so i used a filter to extend the exposure. that ruled out the fisheye that i used on a daytime shot, from march, which really showed off the shape of the tunnel:
almost home:  83/365
click to enlarge
i've placed the first image on the map on the original flickr page.

No comments:

Post a Comment