new photo blog

i started this blog in 2006, and it's shifted along with my interests through the years. it's been witness to a lot of learning for me...

still, i feel that i need a home for my photography -- so from now on, i'll be posting my pictures on the journal on my reworked website. if you like my photos, you might decide to follow me there!

my first post is here -- check it out!

as for this blog, i'm not sure what will happen. i don't think i'm willing to let it go, and certainly i'll keep it as an archive, but i need some time to figure it out.

for those of you that pop in from time to time, thanks for the visits and encouragement.

Sunday, June 14, 2009

the detail's in the ouzo

yesterday was brilliantly sunny, perfect for a seaside lunch. we drove along till we found a place that looked nice and ordered octopus, calamare, mussels, crab, mushrooms, fava and a beautiful salad, all washed down with ouzo.

the dishes came at a leisurely pace and i didn't want to bother with the camera -- but afterwards, mellowed, by the ouzo, i lazily started taking haphazard shots of the understated but elegant objects around the table.

the most impressive detail was the handle in the backs of the chairs -- very nifty for pulling back a chair to help seat someone:
get a handle on it
like it? click it!

the ashtray remained unused:

IMG_0421 flat

ice bucket (for the ouzo)

ice bucket

don't forget to wash your hands!

don't forget to wash your hands

and our ouzo:


i've added out position to the map on the original flickr page.

No comments:

Post a Comment