new photo blog

i started this blog in 2006, and it's shifted along with my interests through the years. it's been witness to a lot of learning for me...

still, i feel that i need a home for my photography -- so from now on, i'll be posting my pictures on the journal on my reworked website. if you like my photos, you might decide to follow me there!

my first post is here -- check it out!

as for this blog, i'm not sure what will happen. i don't think i'm willing to let it go, and certainly i'll keep it as an archive, but i need some time to figure it out.

for those of you that pop in from time to time, thanks for the visits and encouragement.

Sunday, June 21, 2009

the darwin debate

... no, not the silly evolution/creationism debate, but something actually substantial and interesting.

from the playlist description:

'melvyn bragg and a panel of scientists debate what charles darwin's theory of evolution tells us about ourselves and human society. filmed in at the linnean society - the world's oldest biological society - in piccadilly, london. seems to be from 1998 (MCMXCVIII at the end) panel: steven pinker, professor of psychology at MIT meredith small, cornell professor of anthropology steve jones, biologist and a professor of genetics and head of the biology department at university college london sir jonathan miller, theatre and opera director, neurologist, author, television presenter, humorist and sculptor.'

1 comment:

  1. What fun! I hadn't realized Steve Jones has been as cranky as he is for so long. :)