new photo blog

i started this blog in 2006, and it's shifted along with my interests through the years. it's been witness to a lot of learning for me...

still, i feel that i need a home for my photography -- so from now on, i'll be posting my pictures on the journal on my reworked website. if you like my photos, you might decide to follow me there!

my first post is here -- check it out!

as for this blog, i'm not sure what will happen. i don't think i'm willing to let it go, and certainly i'll keep it as an archive, but i need some time to figure it out.

for those of you that pop in from time to time, thanks for the visits and encouragement.

Monday, June 01, 2009

coffee at nafplion with a view of bourtzi castle

coffee at nafplion with a view of bourtzi castle
you can see more images if you click the pic
i spent the better part of the weekend at naplion. saturday evening included coffee at a seaside cafe, with a view of bourtzi castle. i wanted to shoot the view with the changing light. needless to day, mr.g has a great deal of patience with me.

nafplion is a place i know well -- my thesis at the school of architecture was in the department of urban planning and our subject was the old part of the town. that was in 1986. i visited again only once in the early 90s.

'in the village where i grew up
nothing seems the same
still you never see the change from day to day
and no one notices the customs slip away'

-al stewart, on the border

i've placed the image on the map.

No comments:

Post a Comment