new photo blog

i started this blog in 2006, and it's shifted along with my interests through the years. it's been witness to a lot of learning for me...

still, i feel that i need a home for my photography -- so from now on, i'll be posting my pictures on the journal on my reworked website. if you like my photos, you might decide to follow me there!

my first post is here -- check it out!

as for this blog, i'm not sure what will happen. i don't think i'm willing to let it go, and certainly i'll keep it as an archive, but i need some time to figure it out.

for those of you that pop in from time to time, thanks for the visits and encouragement.

Tuesday, May 05, 2009

trekkies bash new movie

trekkies bash new star trek film as 'fun, watchable'

via dust on a sunbeam

i'm going to see it on saturday!


  1. Oh snap! What a coincidence... I am going to see this movie tonight at a prescreening at Paramount Studios. Beam me up!

  2. i actually had two tickets to an avant premier, and i didn't go! i look forward to seeing it together with a bunch of family and friends.

  3. Awwww you didn't go? That is heresy!

    I wrote a little review at a forum I frequent. You can see my review here:

  4. I saw the prescreening two days ago. And yes, the movie was great fun. But I am still trying to accept everything. I still don´t know how to feel about this "reboot": it´s too shocking for me. You´ll see what I mean. I am so shocked I can´t almost order my thoughts about it.

    Anyway it was wonderful to see Old Spock again. And Zachary Quinto is so dammed sexy as Spock he almost equalled young Nimoy.

    Zachary Quinto is a terrific Spock and Chris Pine was wonderful too. And fortunately it does not ignore canon, even when it rapes it mercilessly. And it is NOT a Star Wars movie as I was so afraid it would be.

    Those are the only definitive conclussions I could extract. I think I´ll go to see the movie again tomorrow and see if I can clear up my mind about it and the shock it means to the canon timeline of Star Trek. I need to put everything in order again after that rollercoaster of a movie.