new photo blog

i started this blog in 2006, and it's shifted along with my interests through the years. it's been witness to a lot of learning for me...

still, i feel that i need a home for my photography -- so from now on, i'll be posting my pictures on the journal on my reworked website. if you like my photos, you might decide to follow me there!

my first post is here -- check it out!

as for this blog, i'm not sure what will happen. i don't think i'm willing to let it go, and certainly i'll keep it as an archive, but i need some time to figure it out.

for those of you that pop in from time to time, thanks for the visits and encouragement.

Saturday, May 09, 2009

ni ai wo ma?

ni ai wo ma?
like it? click it!
the university of hard knocks saved me from the trappings of consumerism. now, when i go shopping, i come home with more images and less crap.


  1. My first thought was that this belonged to someone else. I have not seen this side of you. I actually said "wow" to myself after realizing it was yours.

    I have a small hope of better things from your daughter's generation. My parents generation thinks garbage in the landfill. With a little education, hers will think destruction of nature for resources, energy consumption, and waste by-product, all iced over with some local spin.

  2. juventas, thanks for the comment -- i'm trying to figure out how this image is different from the rest, to understand the first paragraph of what you say.

  3. I should probably spend some more time on your photostream before I open my mouth. Nonetheless I'll oblige.

    Most of your subjects are timeless; they could of been taken a hundred years ago. This one is all-modern. It even hints at dystopia.

    I also like how it's not quite portrait, not quite documentary either. You yourself have said you avoid portrait photography.

    Lastly, you are an artist. Your photos will use colour, lines, and texture alone to invoke feeling. This one invoked feeling through its message. I understood without having read your caption.

  4. hmmm... interesting stuff for me to consider. thanks for your thoughts!