new photo blog

i started this blog in 2006, and it's shifted along with my interests through the years. it's been witness to a lot of learning for me...

still, i feel that i need a home for my photography -- so from now on, i'll be posting my pictures on the journal on my reworked website. if you like my photos, you might decide to follow me there!

my first post is here -- check it out!

as for this blog, i'm not sure what will happen. i don't think i'm willing to let it go, and certainly i'll keep it as an archive, but i need some time to figure it out.

for those of you that pop in from time to time, thanks for the visits and encouragement.

Tuesday, May 19, 2009

dr robert bloomfield lecture – BC-AD: before charles and after darwin

i'm reposting a comment left by julia baracco on my darwin now in athens post, as is, caps and all:


Dr Robert Bloomfield Lecture:
'BC-AD: Before Darwin and After Charles'

As part of our Darwin Now Exhibition, the British Council and the Goulandris Natural History Museum are delighted to invite you to a lecture on Charles Darwin's theory of evolution entitled 'BC-AD: Before Charles and After Darwin' by Dr Robert Bloomfield, Head of Innovation at the Natural History Museum in London, NESTA Fellow and organiser of Darwin200.

Date/Time: 20 May 2009, 7 p.m.

Venue: Angelos Goulandris Amphitheatre, Goulandris Natural History Museum - Gaia Centre, 100 Othonos Street, 145 62 Kifissia
Telephone: 210 801 5870



thank you, julia!


  1. Thank YOU Helen for re-posting!

    Not often we get the chance to go to events like this here in Athens/Greece. Hope there's a good turnout ... and to see/meet you there :-)

  2. i'll be the middle-aged lady with the camera :-)

  3. And I'll be the dark, short-haired 5' 0" one without! Both far too young to be calling ourselves middle-aded though ...

  4. i'll be the middle-aged lady with the camera :-)