new photo blog

i started this blog in 2006, and it's shifted along with my interests through the years. it's been witness to a lot of learning for me...

still, i feel that i need a home for my photography -- so from now on, i'll be posting my pictures on the journal on my reworked website. if you like my photos, you might decide to follow me there!

my first post is here -- check it out!

as for this blog, i'm not sure what will happen. i don't think i'm willing to let it go, and certainly i'll keep it as an archive, but i need some time to figure it out.

for those of you that pop in from time to time, thanks for the visits and encouragement.

Tuesday, April 21, 2009

richard dawkins honored in valencia

'the university of valencia (spain) has honored richard dawkins by appointing him doctor honoris causa, the highest honorary degree, last march 31st. the university of valencia, the only university in the world that celebrated the first centenary of the birth of charles darwin in 1909, has a great group of activities related to popularize darwin and evolutionism. this award to richard dawkins, 100 years later, is perfectly located in the year 2009.'

this is a video of dawkins receiving the honorary doctorate... complete with hat:

via RD

also of interest is darwin's rottweiler, an interview of dawkins by scott lafee, featuring the following precious exchange:

Q: have you ever heard an anti-evolution argument that caused you to reconsider?

A: no.

also via RD.

No comments:

Post a Comment