new photo blog

i started this blog in 2006, and it's shifted along with my interests through the years. it's been witness to a lot of learning for me...

still, i feel that i need a home for my photography -- so from now on, i'll be posting my pictures on the journal on my reworked website. if you like my photos, you might decide to follow me there!

my first post is here -- check it out!

as for this blog, i'm not sure what will happen. i don't think i'm willing to let it go, and certainly i'll keep it as an archive, but i need some time to figure it out.

for those of you that pop in from time to time, thanks for the visits and encouragement.

Tuesday, April 14, 2009


like it? click it and be rewarded with 8 more images.
the sense of smell is primitive and it registers in the most ancient structures of the brain. a scent is almost never forgotten -- it can bring back memories and emotions that overwhelm you with intensity.

i don't know when i first smelled lilacs -- i must have been a toddler -- but every spring the first whiff stops me in my tracks, and i look around to see where it's coming from.

this year, i was looking forward to taking pictures of lilacs with my new lenses but, disappointingly, my immediate area seems to have almost none. i had to actively go looking for them and i was lucky to find a neighborhood with slightly older homes and an abundance of my favorite flower.

in greek, these lovely blossoms are called πασχαλιά (pr. pas-ha-liA) which means easter flower.

so, anyway, forgive me for overdoing it and posting so many, but at least they're all in one page -- and i had to get it out of my system.

these pictures are taken with a canon 40D and 350D and my 100mm f/2.8 macro and 50mm f/1.4 lenses.

No comments:

Post a Comment