new photo blog

i started this blog in 2006, and it's shifted along with my interests through the years. it's been witness to a lot of learning for me...

still, i feel that i need a home for my photography -- so from now on, i'll be posting my pictures on the journal on my reworked website. if you like my photos, you might decide to follow me there!

my first post is here -- check it out!

as for this blog, i'm not sure what will happen. i don't think i'm willing to let it go, and certainly i'll keep it as an archive, but i need some time to figure it out.

for those of you that pop in from time to time, thanks for the visits and encouragement.

Monday, April 27, 2009


i'm normally in the teacher's end of the classroom, but yesterday i became a student again, as i do periodically to keep up with the latest version of autocad.

inevitably, i found myself doodling, as i've done all my school life -- but this is the first time i actually felt good about it.

if you like it, give it a click.

via wired science:

'people may doodle as a strategy to help themselves concentrate," said study co-author jackie andrade, a university of plymouth psychologist. "we might not be aware that we’re doing it, but it could be a trick that people develop because it helps them from wandering off into a daydream.'


'it takes a large cognitive load to daydream. that has a big impact on the task you’re meant to be doing," said andrade. "doodling takes only a small cognitive load, but it’s just enough to keep your mental resources focused on the main task.'

so, i doodled, guilt-free.

others were doodling too... i was the only one taking a picture of mine, obviously desperate to get the day's picture. i'm not crazy about it, but it'll do for my 365 project.

No comments:

Post a Comment